As more and more people take a daily shower instead of a daily bath it is becoming quite popular to remove the tub/shower in your home and replace it with a walk-in shower. By eliminating the large step down into the tub, they are safer for all to use, especially children and seniors. Follow the steps below and come into our showroom to see real examples on display. We’re here to help you with your remodel!
Choose Your Walls:
- Custom Onyx walls are completely customizable. Their grout-free and durable walls are made from alumina resin and come in sixty colors, allowing you to choose the perfect color combination for your home. These walls are covered by a “forever warranty” from the manufacturer.
- Jetcoat walls are a new product created by one of our trusted vendors, Foremost. These strong composite panels lock into place with a nearly invisible seam and create a beautiful style at an affordable price. The panels come in five different color patterns to provide different style options for you to choose from. These easy-to-install panels can be put in place by yourself in just one day if you have some carpentry skills and tools to cut the panels to size.
- Sterling shower kits are a great budget option for remodelers. They come in a variety of standard sizes with multiple configurations to suit your needs. They come in a clean white color and have a ten-year warranty.
Choose Your Base:
- Custom Onyx bases are an easy alternative to tile shower bases. The one-piece pan will eliminate the chance of leaks and puddles due to imperfect tiling. These custom bases come in sixty colors, so you can choose one to match your walls, or floors. Plus, these custom bases can be customized into any shape you need! Onyx shower bases can be used with both Onyx and Jetcoat walls.
- Foremost bases are an excellent option to pair with Jetcoat walls. They are affordable and come in standard size options and a white color.
- Sterling shower bases contain notches that allow the walls to click-into-place. They come with the standard Sterling kit sizes and are a great option for budget bathroom remodels.
Choose Your Enclosure:
- If you are creating a unique shower in an unusual size, you may want a Custom Onyx shower enclosure. It can be completely customized to fit your space in any shape and size. The glass comes in either 1/4” or 3/8” glass in many styles and finishes.
- Foremost shower doors come in a variety of glass styles and finishes. The standard sizes make these doors a great option for remodeling. Glass shower doors give the appearance of a more spacious bathroom, making them a great choice for small spaces.
- If you are looking for an inexpensive enclosure, a shower curtain and rod will do the trick. Their affordability is attractive, however, they do need to be replaced regularly if they gather mold or mildew.
Choose Your Add-Ons:
- Make your shower work for you with the addition of a shower seat, caddies or shelves, grab bars, or edging and trim.
Choose Your Faucet:
- Finally, choose your faucet, hand shower, body sprays, or all of the above. Select fixtures with thermostatic valves to maintain the perfect shower temperature. We have many finishes available in stock or special order including chrome, brushed nickel, matte black, oil rubbed bronze, and more. To really make your shower unique, consider turning it into a “smart shower” with Moen’s U Connect!