Itching to remodel, but worried about increasing construction costs? We want to help you get the job done while still sticking to your budget.
1. When working with contractors, always get multiple quotes. Not only do you get an idea of how much something will cost you, but also to glean some new ideas from contractors.
2. Ask if your retailer will match prices (Hint – Handy Man does with any local competitor!)
3. Explore different material options: We know lumber prices have gone through the roof, so consider some alternate materials for flooring, vanity cabinets, and shelving.
4. Check for any local energy efficiency rebates. Many cities and townships will offer rebates for replacing old, water-guzzling toilets. Does yours?
5. Take advantage of in-stock items so you don’t have to pay for shipping. Plus, you don’t have to wait for your products to arrive!
6. Think about what you can DIY. While some products are best left to a professional, many items like toilets and faucets are generally easy to install on your own. Handy Man’s employees are great at teaching you how to do it yourself. Just ask!
7. Plan for unexpected costs. Leave a little “wiggle room” in your budget for price fluctuations. Products, materials, and shipping are still bouncing all over the place. The last thing you want is a half-finished bathroom because you over-spent!
8. Finally, enter our Ugly Bathroom Contest now through July 27, 2021 for a chance to win $2,000 in Handy Man store credit for your remodel! There are multiple prizes available and an exclusive coupon for all entrants just for playing!