- Our Stores
- Our Blog
- Our Departments
- Contact Us
- Monthly Specials
Congratulations to the winners of our 3rd Annual Ugly Bathroom Contest! These winners were able to beat out 130 other entries to take home their prize.
Grand Prize – $2,000
2nd Place – $500
3rd Place – $250
Creative Writing – $100
A new kitchen faucet can totally transform your workspace. It not only brings a beautiful new style into your home but it can also reduce your water usage and increase your dish-washing functionality!
- Delta Leland – This gorgeous Venetian bronze finish will stand out in a light-colored kitchen.
2. Moen Notch – The soft edges of the high-arc stainless faucet makes any kitchen cozier.
3. Delta Lewiston – This low-arc pull-out faucet makes small kitchens more functional.
4. Moen Arbor – Sleek lines make the Arbor a perfect choice for any modern kitchen.
5. Delta Allentown – For a more professional style, choose the stainless Allentown faucet.
6. Moen Voss – This mid-height pull-out stainless faucet is a beautiful choice for a tight space.
7. Delta Essa – Matte black finish is becoming a popular choice in modern kitchens.
8. Moen Align – Turn your home into a professional kitchen with this tall spring-arc faucet.
9. Delta Cassidy – A traditional faucet like the Cassidy is a great addition to a family home.
10. Delta Trask – Strong lines make the Trask a perfect choice for a dark kitchen.
Ryan and his family came by on Friday to claim their prize of a beautiful new Onyx Vanity Top! The whole family met with Handy Man President, Joe Swenson at our Sioux Falls location. Congratulations and thank you for participating in our giveaway event – we’re excited to help you with your bathroom remodel!
Although stainless steel is resistant to rust and corrosion, it still needs regular cleaning to keep it in great condition! Here are a few tips on how to care for your stainless steel sink and keep it looking brand new.
First of all, do NOT use rubber coated mats to “protect” the bottom of the sink, as discoloration of the sink may occur after prolonged use. Similarly, any wet sponges or cleaning materials left on the sink for long periods of time could stain the sink surface. Instead, if you must have a protective barrier, purchase a metal grid that can be cleaned and removed from your sink regularly.
Always dry your sink after use. Dissolved minerals and salts in your water leave deposits on your sink when the water evaporates. You will have water-spots on your sink just like your car has after rain. If you have spots that have been on your sink for a long time, use a little vinegar to wipe them clean. Then try to get in the habit of wiping your sink down when you are done using it.
When using chemicals for cleaning, avoid bleach or products containing bleach. It can corrode stainless steel sinks. Also avoid Muriatic acid (used to clean grout) or plumbing PVC solvents. If any of these chemicals get on your stainless steel sink, rinse it thoroughly, then dry.
If there are any stains that you cannot remove with water and vinegar, Bar Keepers Friend is a great cleaner to have on hand. Be sure to clean in the same direction as the grain lines of the finish so the sink doesn’t appear to have scratches. Rinse well and dry for a happy sink!
If you are in need of an upgraded sink – whether it is stainless or another material – come to Handy Man and our helpful staff will point out things that make a sink great!
Learn about our SanSpa OH 5129 no step, sit down, slide in, walk-in tub with loaded jetting package. This top-of-the-line walk-in tub makes bathing at home quick and easy!
Is your bathroom ready for an upgrade? Homeowners are making master bathrooms a priority while building or remodeling. Especially for parents, a master bathroom can be a place to escape and find peace when the rest of the house is filled with noise, toys, and messes. In order to create a sanctuary in your own home, consider making room for a freestanding bathtub.
Freestanding tubs are most often installed in large bathrooms as statement pieces. Some have become more like sculptures with unique curves and lines. As our society’s preferences have moved to showering more often than bathing, freestanding tubs are rarely even used in homes, but the style alone brings a relaxing peace-of-mind. And when you set aside a little time to relax in your tub, it might inspire you to use it more often.
There are many tub styles to choose from, whether you are interested in a traditional clawfoot tub or a minimalist tub with sleek thin edges and long lines. They come in ovals, rectangles and some even have a wall-side so it can create a ledge for soaps or candles as it rests against the wall. Unlike built-in tubs, the options are endless when it comes to freestanding tubs. Traditional white, deep black, or stunning copper can all be found to create something truly unique.
While freestanding tubs are on-trend, drop-in tubs continue to lead the industry for their ability to provide jets, air, and other therapeutic options that can be difficult to find in freestanding tubs. Whatever is your style, don’t overlook the bathtub in your next remodel. We recommend having at least one bathtub in your home for children, dogs, and resale value. The helpful staff at Handy Man will walk you through your options and help you find the right tub for you!
PS. Enhance any bath with Epsom salt and essential oils. The different scents and products have properties that can enhance your day in unique ways. Lavender oils are known to relax people, which means it would be a great addition to your bath right before bed. Epsom salts relieve tension and inflammation in the body when added to the bath water. There are many health benefits of bathing with added products, but most important is the time that is taken to focus on your well-being while relaxing in quiet solitude.
- Straight Sides
Straight sides give you more room to place dishes.
- Flat Bottom
Lets you arrange more glasses and dishes on the bottom of the sink without them falling over.
- Tight Corners
Goes along with flat bottom, leaving more room in the sink for upright dishes.
- Rear Drains
Gives extra flat space in the front of the sink and allows room for more storage under the sink.
- Deep Bowls
Provides for deeper immersion of large pots and pans as well as less splash from powerful faucets.
- Offset Deck
Allows for a larger bowl on one side because the faucet is on the opposite bowl.
- Ease of Cleaning
Some materials hide water spots and food particles better. Others have antimicrobial finishes that help keep your kitchen clean.
Some materials will handle impacts and high temperatures better. BLANCO Silgranit® is scratch resistant and handles heat up to 536° F, making it a safe place to put hot pans.
- Sound Deadening
Some sinks will resonate with loud sounds from dishes and disposers. Some materials absorb the sound better than others. If you are buying stainless steel make sure there are deadening pads on the underside.
Kitchen sinks are often the focal point or “bow-tie” of our entire kitchen. They need to look good!
Debris can be easily swept into the sink from the counter with this no-ridge approach.
Katherine and Matthew stopped by our Sioux City store to pick up their Moen Engage hand shower! Thank you for signing up for our giveaway!
After a long workout, the best thing you can do for yourself is to wash it off in a relaxing shower. Some modifications to your existing shower can make a world of difference.
1. The easiest improvement is to install a 2-in-1 hand shower. These hand showers function as both showerheads and hand-held shower wands. Best of all, these affordable add-ons can be installed in just a few minutes and can be used to massage sore muscles, as well as rinse children and wash pets.
2. If you are looking for a more permanent muscle-massaging solution, installing body-jets is a life-changer. You will need a multi-function shower to achieve this, but you can also add a rain head, standard showerhead, and body-jets for a complete shower experience.
3. Another great addition to a multi-function shower is the U by Moen smart shower. You are able to set different temperatures and functions for multiple users or times of day. For example, you can set your morning shower to be 104• with the standard showerhead and set your post-workout shower to be 98• with body jets. This way, you get a perfect shower every time.
4. For the ultimate upgrade, consider creating a luxurious steam shower in your home. Many studies have been done to prove the benefits of steam showers after workouts. Steam showers are great for circulation, stress, skin care, and overall exercise recovery. The steam opens pores and improves circulation by widening your blood vessels, making it the ultimate recovery tool.
As seen in The Hood Magazine 5/2018
Mike & Jodi came to the Sioux Falls location to claim their prize of 3 new Delta faucets! One for their kitchen, one for their bathroom, and one for their shower. Their total package is worth over $700! Thank you for entering our giveaway!